Linked lists have been the primary topic of the week, although I have some trouble understanding instances that would render them preferable to using the more versatile binary trees. They are also more volatile, as destroying the reference to the root node of a linked list will cause Python to destroy the entire list as the whole set of values is determined solely from reference derived from the preceding value, in a trail leading from the root down to the last value.
Personally I do not see myself using this data type outside of assignments where I may be compelled to though perhaps there are additional circumstances that I have not yet learned about in which the linked list may be preferable.
I haven't had a chance to closely examine Assignment 2 and the properties of regexes yet but some of my friends in the class have told me they feel linked lists may be pertinent to the solution.
No comments:
Post a Comment